Sunday, August 08, 2004

Books & Purpose of this Blog

I purchased another business book yesterday-- jack: STRAIGHT FROM THE GUT
There are many books out there. It is hard to determine what is worth reading. But I sort of like bioagrphies lately, so I'll give this one a try.

I received some advice not too long ago, that an MBA was not really worth the time away from family and other activities. That the experience of working issues on the job was bar far the better way to learn the things an MBA might try to convey to students.

I think I'm am going to limit this blog to document career advice, engineering news, and business topics of interest to me. Or in other words to document my references of the work side of life. I'm still trying to figure out how Blogs fit into my life. After all, it is rather strange to share thoughts with other people, at least potentially. This causes some editing of comments at least the personal ones. However, it is convient for me to post information to a website as opposed to carrying a journal and copying what I wish to comment about into the journal. The hyperlinks and just plain copy and paste, plus the clean finished look of the blog make it nice.

Well I shall try this for a little bit and see if I like it, or if something on my own server with password protection is a better approach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home